It is a pleasure to introduce you to Carol Reynolds. Carol has gone through a transformation that led her to accomplish a personal fitness goal of hers as well as empowered her to begin new ventures. I invite you to read her inspiring story.
- You had a big personal goal in mind and set out and did it! Tell us a little more about this accomplishment.
My goal was to compete in 3 shows before I tuned 51 (June 6) so I started weight training in Sept 2022 and competed in the transformation shows NPAA May 21, WNBF Edmonton May 28, WNBF Kelowna June 3.
- Tell us about your weight loss, how much weight did you lose, and how important is dieting for this accomplishment?At age 32, I was 325lbs and had weight losss surgery (bilio pancreatic bypass with duodenal switch)..I have been as low as 157 lbs (no muscle) and am.currently 165. I never paid attention to nutrition closely until last year. I still had the mindset that less calories is better. I now know that more nutrient rich calories is best.
- You are the 2023 WNBF EDMONTON New YOU champion? How does it feel to win this category?
- How has this fitness journey treated you? Were there many ups & downs?
- The physical aspect is important, but how important was the mental aspect in your journey?
- Would you recommend this life change to anyone else?
- Now that you have achieved a major fitness goal, what is next for you?
For a more in-depth experience of these athletes, we invite you to our YouTube channel - Body Trans4ormation.
Click the link for access and subscribe for more stories. :)